Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pet Safety For The Holidays

By: Dr. Will Bollinger
The holiday season is right around the corner.  Friends and family will be gathering and the pets are sure to tag along.  There are several hazardous items that pet owners should be aware of,  human food, chocolate, potpourri, and sugar free gum.  Poinsettias were once thought to be very toxic to animals; however, today we have learned that they only cause a local irritation. 
Unsecured Christmas trees, glass ornaments, tinsel and ribbon can also be hazardous to your pet.  These are just a few items to avoid letting you pets ingest or play with.  If your pet ingests any of these hazardous items please contact your veterinarian for advice.  
"Merry Christmas to All"

No comments:

Post a Comment